HYPERTHERM POWERMAX 1650 PLASMA CUTTER W/ 25' HAND TORCH
* 1-1/4" (32 mm) Recommended capacity
* 1-1/2" (38 mm) Maximum capacity
* 1-3/4" (44 mm) Severance capacity
Delivering superior power and performance in a proven technology!
The benefits of Hypertherm technology
* Superior speed and cutting capacity
in a robust, portable cutting system. A great machine for hand cutting or can be adapted to cutting tables with optional machine torch and remote.
Hypertherm the world leader in plasma cutting technology
When you only do one thing, you'd better do
it better than anyone else does. As the only
manufacturer to focus exclusively on plasma
cutting technology, Hypertherm is committed
to providing the highest quality systems in the
world. All of our engineering resources go into
improving the performance, reliability and value
of our systems. All of our associates are 100%
devoted to serving and supporting our plasma
make Hypertherm the first choice of the true
standard for air plasma cutting
The Powermax1650 is the latest addition to
the Powermax G3 series of systems. With
advanced technologies in both power supply
and torch, Hypertherm G3 products cut faster,
and more economically, than any system
available anywhere today. Its Auto-voltage®
circuit provides automatic adjustment to any
input voltage from 200 to 600 volts, 3-phase
(CE 230 to 400 V 3-phase only). A state-of-
the-art, microprocessor-driven architecture
assures optimum system reliability. Add to
this Hypertherm's advanced torch technology,
and easy-to-read controls and features, and
you have the most powerful, advanced, and
* Recommended capacity: metals to
1-1/4 inch (32 mm) at cutting speeds of
19 inches per minute (482 mm).
* Maximum capacity: metals to
1-1/2 inch (38 mm) at cutting speeds
over 10 inches per minute (250 mm/min).
* Severance capacity: rough cut on metals up to 1-3/4 inch (44 mm) at low speed.
Machine torch is available for this unit to use on cutting tables or straight line cutting equipment. Call our office for information on upgrading the system.
* Recommended pierce capacity:
* Cutting above 3/4 inch (19 mm)
Note: The cut capacities noted above are on mild steel. Some
metals, such as aluminum and stainless steel, may require up
to a 20% reduction in cut speed and capacity.
with greater quality and efficiency.
* 100-amp, 16-kilowatt output provides
ample power for cutting heavy plate
* Auto-voltage input sensing allows you
to run on voltages from 200 to 600
volts, 3-phase, with no rewiring.
* CNC/Robotic machine interface is
standard on all units, allowing for
automated control and rapid
* New Boost Conditioner™ circuit compensates for input voltage variation.
* Advanced digitally-controlled inverter
design delivers continuously adjustable constant current output, from 30 to 100
amps, producing high-quality cuts over
a wide range of metal thicknesses.
* An active, electronic pilot-arc controller
for cutting expanded metal or
grating preserves consumable life.
* A new gouging setting allows for longer
arc lengths and easier operation,
plus a metal removal rate in excess
of 22 pounds per hour (10 kg).
* Wheels are standard on the Powermax1650 and provide improved mobility over
rough and uneven surfaces.
* Back-lit LED's clearly convey all the information necessary to monitor the
system status, including an easily
readable and understandable air
combines performance, durability,
The Powermax1650 features Hypertherm's
patented T100 safety trigger torch and
T100M mechanized torch, which produce
outstanding cut performance, reliability and
* The longest consumable life in the
industry, and we'll prove it. HyLife®
electrodes last longer than ordinary
designs by using the same patented
technologies developed for advanced
Hypertherm mechanized systems.
* Dual-threshold pilot circuit significantly
reduces nozzle wear by boosting pilot
current precisely when needed.
* Patented nozzle shield technology
lets you drag the torch on the
workpiece at full output, without
protects the nozzle from molten
metal spray and double arcing.
* Postflow cooling reduces torch stress.
* Hypertherm's patented Coaxial-assist
jet design boosts cutting speed as much
as 20% over conventional designs.
* Hypertherm's ETR (Easy Torch
Removal) system allows for easy
switching between hand and machine
torches, while providing a radical
integrated approach to strain
relief designed for durability.
* Hypertherm's patented safety trigger
protects against accidental starts.
Safety interlocks deactivate the torch
when the consumable parts are removed,
using a durable mechanical contact.
* No breakable ceramic parts.
* Patented "blow-back" technology
provides a pilot arc without excessive
* Consumables for gouging, extended-
nozzle cutting, pipe saddle cutting
Most consumables compatible with
existing G3 systems, resulting in
Engineered for superior reliability
The Powermax1650 is designed for heavy
use and very harsh conditions.
* Mechanical and electrical designs
are validated through aggressive,
* Fan-on-demand feature minimizes dust ingestion.
* Chemically cross-linked torch cable
jacket provides improved resistance
to molten spray and cut-through.
* CSA/NRTL and CE certifications comply
with the highest safety standards.
* IP23CS compliance means resistance
* The Powermax1650 is backed by Hypertherm's full three-year power
supply warranty and one-year torch
warranty. No parts excluded.
Examine competitive policies closely.
* SG Weldstore is an authorized Hypertherm Warranty Repair Station and our technicians can assist you with any service problems.
200 – 600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz, CSA
230 – 400 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz, CE
200/208/230/240/400/480/600 V, 3-PH:
26.4" (671 mm) D; 16.8" (427 mm) W;
Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen
550 scfh; 9.2 cfm (260 l/min) at 90 psi
75 psi (5.1 bar) flowing, 25' leads
80 psi (5.4 bar) flowing, 50' leads
Standard machine interface signals
Transfer (start machine motion)
Arc voltage (torch control) - signal not available on rear panel connector
For more information refer to your operator's manual.
Cutting-current output control,
Air pressure range, gouging mode
Air pressure range, cutting mode