Be sure to add me to your favorites list!
Product Design of the Year Award 1998 Electric Foodservice Council
Model & Configuration Click model number for PDF spec sheet
Simple Steam steamer, 3-pan capacity
Steam Equipment :: Counter Steamer :: Simple Steam :: EZ-3
* Heavy-duty, cast, stainless steel door latch
* Will hold (6) 1.0"high, (3) 2.5"high, or (2) 4.0"high 12" x 20" steam table pans
* Space-saving 16.5" exterior width
* Removable pan slides for easy cleaning
* 4" Stainless Steel Legs Included
* No drain required - Equipped with bottom Drain pan
* No routine maintenance required - Boilerless Design
* No Water Connection Necessary
* No water treatment required
* No side clearance required
* 9 minutes to heat from cold start to steam
* Door can be opened to check food any time
* Low Water and Energy Usage (see savings chart below)
* Produces steam on demand required by product being cooked
* 60 minute independent timer (does not affect operation of steamer)
* One-year No-Quibble Warranty
* The No-Quibble Warranty: The 24/7 warranty is effective on all Southbend equipment. For equipment down we will send a service technician any time - weekday or weekend.
* Stands (SS-6, SS-36, SS-44)
Cooking with steam is extremely versatile and has many advantages over other cooking methods:
* Steam cooks about 30% faster than other methods
* Steam prevents foods from drying out
* Steam is very gentle heat - does not burn or scorch food
* Steam allows very even heat penetration
Steam Equipment :: Counter Steamers
Pressureless counter steamers hold 3 to 5 standard size steam table pans and are perfect for low to medium volume cooking.
Southbend's new pressureless compartment steamers are more economical and flexible to install than a traditional compartment steamer.
Steam Equipment :: Counter Steamer :: Simple Steam
The Simple Steam steamer is a revolution in steamer technology. The Simple Steam has no boiler, requires no side clearance, and requires no water line or drain. Available in 3 and 5 pan capacities and are stackable. Now available with auto water fill and drain!
This revolutionary counter steamer having no boiler, means no boiler deliming. And since heating elements never come in contact with water, heating element life is greatly extended.
Steam is generated as required by the product being cooked, which greatly reduces water usage to about .5 gallons per hour on the EZ-3! Reduced water means reduced mineral deposits, plus utility savings.
With the Simple Steam, no drain line or water line connection is required - the only utility needed is electrical. Water is manually added by the operator when the "Low Water Light" illuminates, approximately every 6 hours! Water empties into a drain pan, or can empty into a floor or other drain.
With no boiler to delime and no immersed heating elements, maintenance is reduced to simply wiping out the interior at the end of each day.
The EZ-3 and EZ-5 only require an electrical connection - no water or drain connection is required. In most installations, only 30A service is required (EZ-3 and SEZ-3).
Simply turn the lever to the ON position and add water. Water can be added in the steamer cabinet or through a trough above the door. Later in the day, if the low water light is illuminated, add water through the trough or the cabinet. Turn the lever to the OFF position at the end of the day, wipe the unit clean, and empty the drain pan.
With an optional stand, the Simple Steam models can be stacked two high. Or one or two steamers can be stacked with the Marathoner Gold convection oven.
Atlanta Fixture & Sales Company, Inc.
#EZ-3 SOUTHBEND PRESSURELESS COUNTERTOP SIMPLE STEAMER
ACTUAL DATA WAS ACCUMULATED FROM INDEPENDENT TESTS PERFORMED BY PG&E COMPANY, TEST METHOD F 1484-99
YEARLY OPERATING COSTS IN NEW YORK CITY
UTILITY RATES ARE FROM CON EDISON OF NEW YORK AND NEW YORK CITY D.E.P.
MIN. YEARLY BOILER MAINTENANCE
YEARLY OPERATING COSTS IN LOS ANGELES
UTILITY RATES ARE FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON AND CITY OF LOS ANGELES WATER AND SEWER SERVICES
MINIMUM YEARLY BOILER MAINTENANCE
YEARLY COSTS ARE BASED ON 6 HOURS OF PEAK OPERATION A DAY AT 6 DAYS A WEEK FOR 312 DAYS A YEAR
Atlanta Fixture & Sales Company, Inc. established in 1927 in Atlanta, Georgia.