Every 10°C increase in nominal temperatures produces a 50% reduction in the lifetime and long-term reliability of IT hardware.
The CoolCube 10 is designed to cool a small physical area with a heat load of 10,000 Btu/hr (3kW) or less. A typical server closet (i.e. wiring closet) is a perfect environment for the CoolCube 10, as the closet is usually less than 100 square feet and will generally have a heat load ranging from 3,500 to 9,000 Btu/hr (1.03 - 2.64 kW).
Additionally, the CoolCube 10 is ideal to "spot cool" hot spots within a larger physical area by delivering the cold air directly to the small area producing the heat, such as a large data center being cooled by a Computer Room Air Conditioner (CRAC). This environment often has racks populated with high density servers that are not being cooled properly. Installing a CoolCube 10 into the specific racks will solve the heat problem.
* Compact unit is 50% smaller than competitors, but still provides 10,000 btu/hr of cooling per module
* Automatic restart function for power outages
* High airflow volume increases air circulation throughout the room
* Highly economical and efficient way to cool "hot spots"
* Quick and easy installation
* Cost-effective alternative for weekend of after-hours cooling when the main system is shut down
* Small enough to store multiple modules in closet so you're prepared for planned or unplanned shut-down of main air conditioners
* Installs into any standard 19-Inch open rack
* UL Listed for stacking applications: Up to (3) modules high - 30,000 btu/hr of capacity
* Uses standard 115 VAC power source
* Provides N+1 redundancy if necessary for your application.
* Generator Friendly - Low inrush current reduces requirement size for high cooling capacity
Modular Air Conditioning Principles
Cold Air Delivery (Spot Cooling) CoolCube 10 efficiently cools any environment by delivering cold air directly to the hot spot (i.e. electronic equipment) instead of cooling the entire environment. This results in substantial savings by enabling users to purchase a properly sized air conditioner, as well as reduces energy consumption.
Condensate Removal The CoolCube 10 will not only reduce the temperature, but will also remove moisture from the air by collecting condensate in its standard 2.5 gallon tank. The tank will need to be emptied periodically, depending on the humidity level. A condensate pump is a valuable accessory that allows continuous operation without monitoring, in which the pump delivers the condensate to a nearby sink, drain, or water line.
Warm Air Removal The CoolCube 10 will remove warm air from any small, enclosed environment, such as an office. This is done by ducting the warm air up into the drop ceiling plenum above the room.
Power The CoolCube 10 uses standard 115 VAC, a common voltage in the United States. It is recommended that the CoolCube operate on a dedicated 15 amp circuit.
This listing is for a standard CoolCube 10 Modular Air Conditioner.
* (1) CoolCube 10 Modular Air Conditioner
* (1) Warranty Registration Card
* (1) Unpacking Instructions Sheet