The performance standard for air
* 7/8" (22 mm) Recommended capacity
* 1 1/8" (29 mm) Maximum capacity
* 1 1/2" (38 mm) Severance capacity
The benefits of Hypertherm technology –
Superior speed and cutting capacity
– in a robust, portable cutting system.
Hypertherm - the world leader in plasma cutting technology
When you only do one thing, you'd better do
it better than anyone else. As the only major
manufacturer to focus exclusively on plasma
cutting technology, Hypertherm is committed
to providing the highest quality systems in the
world: improving the performance, reliability
and value of our systems, and serving and
supporting Hypertherm users. This
quality and support makes Hypertherm the
first choice of the true cutting professional.
The Powermax1250 is the first of the
Powermax G3 Series. With new technologies
in both power supply and torch, it cuts faster
and more economically than any system
available today. In fact, it cuts 80% faster on
1-inch (25 mm) mild steel than any competitor
tested. Its Auto-voltage™ circuit provides
automatic adjustment to any input voltage
from 200 to 600 volts, 1- or 3-phase. A
architecture assures optimum system
reliability. Add to this Hypertherm's advanced
torch technology and easy-to-read controls,
and you have the most advanced plasma
* Recommended capacity: metals to
7/8 inch (22 mm) at cutting speeds
over 20 inches (500 mm) per minute.
* Maximum capacity: metals to
1 1/8 inch (29 mm) at cutting speeds
over 10 inches (250 mm) per minute.
* Severance capacity: rough cut on
metals up to 1 1/2 inches (38 mm) at
The cut capacities above are on mild steel.
Some metals, such as aluminum and stainless
steel, may require up to 20% reduction in cut
Advanced, intelligent technology gives the
Powermax1250 the power to cut with greater
speed, quality and efficiency.
* 80-amp, 12-kilowatt output provides
ample power for clean, quick cutting.
* Auto-voltage runs on voltages from
200 to 600 volts, 1- or 3-phase, without
the need for manual rewiring.
* New Boost Conditioner™ circuit
compensates for input voltage variation.
* Advanced, digitally-controlled inverter
design delivers continuously adjustable,
constant current output, from 25 to
80 amps, permitting high-quality cuts
over a wide range of metal thicknesses.
* An active electronic pilot arc controller
for cutting expanded metal or grating.
* New gouging setting allows for improved
arc transfer, easier operation and faster
* CNC/robotic machine interface
is standard on all units, allowing
automated control and rapid change
over to mechanized operation.
The torch: intelligent design combines performance, durability, comfort and safety
The Powermax1250 features Hypertherm's
T80 safety trigger torch (patent pending) and
T80M mechanized torch. A revolutionary
design delivers outstanding cut performance,
reliability and operator comfort.
* The longest consumable life in the
industry, and we'll prove it. Patented
HyLife™ electrodes last longer than
ordinary designs (up to 10 times
* Patented Dual-threshold™ pilot circuit
significantly reduces nozzle wear by
boosting pilot current precisely
* Patented nozzle shield lets you drag
the torch on the workpiece at full
output, without damaging consumables,
and protects the nozzle from molten
metal spray and double arcing.
* Postflow cooling to reduce torch stress.
* Hypertherm's patented Coaxial-assist™
jet design boosts cutting speed
* Hypertherm's revolutionary new ETR™
(Easy Torch Removal) system allows
for easy switching between manual and
mechanized torches. It also features a
radically new integrated approach to
strain relief and durability.
* Hypertherm's patented safety trigger
protects against accidental starts, with
interlocks to deactivate the torch when
the consumable parts are removed,
using a durable mechanical contact.
* No breakable ceramic parts.
* Patented "blow-back" technology
provides a pilot arc without excessive
extended-nozzle cutting, pipe saddle
cutting and other applications.
Engineered for superior reliability
The Powermax1250 is designed for heavy use under the harshest conditions.
* Mechanical and electrical designs
are validated through aggressive,
* Auto-voltage accepts any voltage from
200 to 600 volts, without damage to the
system from incorrect wiring or faulty
linking. The Boost Conditioner eliminates
performance deterioration, shut-down or
potential damage due to fluctuating
* New fan-on-demand feature minimizes
* Chemically cross-linked torch cable
jacket provides improved resistance to
molten spray and cut-through.
* CSA/NRTL and CE certifications comply
with the highest safety standards.
* IP23CS compliance for resistance to
* The Powermax1250 is backed by a full,
three-year power supply warranty and
a one-year torch warranty. No parts
excluded. Examine competitive
Options for specialized requirements
* Leather cable covers for torch leads.
* Air filtration kit with a 0.5 micron
filter and auto-drain filter bowl.
* Wheel kit for easy mobility.
* Heat shield protects hands from excessive reflective heat.
Operating cost calculations are based on consumable
price, tested consumable life, tested cutting speed,
estimated labor and power costs and an assumption
of 50% duty cycle operation. Competitive units are
in the 70 - 80 amp cutting range.
3/8" (10 mm) @ 100% duty cycle
Maximum travel speeds are the results of Hypertherm's laboratory testing. For
optimum cut quality, speeds should be reduced between 35 – 50%, depending
upon the material. Refer to your operators manual for more detail.
200 – 600 V, 1- or 3-PH, 50/60 Hz, CSA
230 – 400 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz, CE
200/208/230/240/480 V, 1-PH: 70/70/60/58/31 A 200/208/230/240/400/480/600 V, 3-PH: 41/40/37/34/21/17/17 A
60% @ 80 A, 230 – 600 V, 3-PH
50% @ 80 A, 200 – 208 V, 3-PH
40% @ 80 A, 200 – 208 V, 1-PH
23.1" (586 mm) D; 10.65" (271 mm) W;
Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen
400 scfh; 6.7 cfm (189 l/min) at 90 psi (6.2 bar)
70 psi (4.8 bar) flowing, 25' leads
75 psi (5.1 bar) flowing, 50' leads
Hypertherm, Powermax, G3 Series, HyLife, Boost Conditioner, Dual-threshold, Auto-voltage, Coaxial-assist and ETR (Easy Torch Removal) are trademarks of Hypertherm, Inc. and may be registered in the United States and/or other countries