Information - Questions? Call Ask for Chip or Trip
The Agilent 8163A is a high-performance optical multimeter for the characterization and evaluation of optical components. Its modular format makes it flexible enough to meet changing needs when measuring optical power, power loss, or return loss for single or multi-mode components.
The Agilent 81567A attenuator features power control functionality that allows you to set the output power level of the attenuator. The attenuator module firmware uses the feedback signal from a photo diode after a monitor tap, both integrated in the module, to set the desired power level at the output of the module. When the power control mode is enabled, the module automatically corrects power changes at the input to maintain the output level set by the user. After an initial calibration for the uncertainties at connector interfaces, absolute power levels can be set with high accuracy. The absolute accuracy of these power levels depends on the accuracy of the reference powermeter used for calibration.
This unit has the following applications:
* Characterization of receivers, transmitters, and line cards
* Test of single channel transmission systems
* Loss simulation in fiber optic links
* Testing and calibrating the linearity of power meters
This unit has the following specifications:
* Wavelength Range: 1250 to 1650 nm
* Attenuation Range: 0 to 60 dB
* Maximum Input Power: + 22 dBm
* Attenuation Setting: +/- 0.01 dB
* Power Setting: +/- 0.015 dB
* Attenuation Setting: +/- 0.1 dB
* Attenuation Setting: Typical 100 ms
* Power Setting: Typical 300 ms
* Relative power meter uncertainty: +/- 0.03 dB +/- 20 pW
* Insertion Loss: Typical 2.2 dB
* Polarization Dependent Loss: < 0.08 dBpp
* Return Loss: Typical 60 dB
* Shutter Isolation: Typical 100 dB
* Connectivity: Angled Connector
* Fiber Type: 9/125 micrometer SMF28
It is designed to operate in the Agilent 8163A\B, 8164A\B, and 8166A\B Lightwave Mainframes.
A highly flexible connector inferface palette addresses Connectorized, bare fiber or open beam applications.
This unit is in Calibration until February 6, 2006.
This item is in excellent condition, working perfectly, and comes with a 14 Day Guarantee against DOA.
Oversized Pacakges: Freight Carrier
If you have any questions, e-mail me.