This machine is designed to label empty tubes of various sizes. The tubes are loaded into the inclined stacker which provides an escapement to allow one tube at a time to be fed to the load station of the machine. The tubes are then shuttled on to a mandrel post that travels in a Ferris wheel pattern. The tubes are loaded at the 8:00 position, the 10:00 position is a dead station, and the labels are applied at the 12:00 position. As the indexer rotates upwards, the tube engages the wrap roller above the tube. The wrap roller causes the mandrel/tube to spin by a stepper drive that is precisely matched to the speed of the label feed. The label is dispensed in the nip that occurs between the wrap roller and the mandrel. The stepper motor driven label head dispenses the label at exactly the same surface speed as the rotating tube for wrinkle and bubble free application. The 2:00 position is a dead station and the tubes are removed from the system at the 4:00 position. The tubes accumulate on a trunnion conveyor which can be used to transport them to a filling station.
The C-100 label head is the highest quality, most accurate label-dispensing head available. It features high-speed, high-torque, direct-drive stepper motor drives and heavy-duty construction throughout. The standard label head includes a 14-inch unwind, precision lateral and vertical positioners as well as adjustments for tilt and skew. The label head is mounted above the rotating cam dial plate sot that the label dispenses in a horizontal plane. The label head is mounted to a welded structural steel mounting pylon through a pivot clamp that allows rotational adjustment affected by a jacking screw. Skew adjustment is provided through the mounting flange that attaches the pivot clamp to the label head. Vertical and horizontal positioning is accomplished by precision acme screws and hand cranks to move the respective carriages.
Performance: Rated for up to 1200 inches label dispensing speed per minute standard.
Accuracy: better than +/- 1/32 inch, subject to product variations. Features:
• High-speed, high-torque, directly-coupled stepper motor requires no regular maintenance; provides unparalleled performance and accuracy. The labeler utilizes the WS Packaging – Automated Systems’ powerful control scheme, which provides programmable acceleration and speed characteristics to help eliminate torn label webs.
• Simple, accurate adjustability in all axes.
• Label Gap Sensor for accurate label dispensing (clear label sensing optional).
• Heavy-Duty construction; built for high usage.
• Easy threading allows quick label roll changeovers.
• NO TOOLS adjusting (other than tilt and skew adjustments that require a single Allen wrench).
• High-capacity unwind permits use of label rolls up to 14 inches in diameter on a standard 3-inch core.