A Great Machine for Teaching Bearing Faults & Balancing
* Portable, robust, cost-effective balance and bearing vibration trainer.
* Ideal for teaching multi-plane balancing with centerhung / overhung rotors
* Can be setup to exhibit bearing fault frequencies both further away from, and closer to multiples of the shaft rotational speed (RPM)
* Develop signal processing techiniques to identify bearing fault frequencies in the presence of defects, at multiples of shaft RPM, without using high-resolution spectra
* Use the BBS to recognize the vibration spectra of different bearing faults
* 10 different application specific study kits available
The Bearing/Balancing Simulator (BBS) is specifically designed to demonstrate and support the study of bearing faults and unbalance under controlled conditions. The BBS is a variable speed machine that can be used to generate each type of fault individually or in combinations, providing a stable platform for study. Since bearing related problems are very common, it is essential to have a thorough understanding of the associated fault signatures that occur under a variety of operating condtions. The same can be said for unbalance, where a properly balanced machine will save a factory on machine down time, replacement parts, inventory, and energy consumption. The ten option kits include: eccentric rotor, cocked rotor, bent shaft, 5/8" and 1" diameter bearing fault kits, 5/8" and 1" diameter bearing loaders, 5/8" diameter sleeve bearings, and tachometer with analog output.
General: Overall Weight 27 lbs., 1/2 HP AC induction motor with variable speed drive to 4,000 RPM, 110/220 Volts, 60/50 Hz, split bracket bearing housings with features for span reconfiguration, precision machined baseplate with vibration isolators.
Rotors: 2 aluminum with one row of 18 tapped holes.
Safety: Clear impact resistant cover.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by a duly authorized representative of SpectraQuest, products sold hereunder are not intended for use or in connection with a nuclear facility or activity. If so used, SpectraQuest disclaims all liability for any nuclear damage, injury or contamination, and purchaser shall indemnify SpectraQuest against any such liability, whether as a result of breach of contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), or otherwise.
Except as may be expressly provided in an authorized writing by SpectraQuest, SpectraQuest shall not be subject to any other obligations or liabilities whatsoever with respect to equipment manufactured by spectra quest or services rendered by SpectraQuest.
The foregoing warranties are exclusive and in lieu of all other express and implied warranties, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
* For overnight or express delivery, please contact us.
* If you do not receive an email, please contact our sales representative at .
* You must contact us for a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA) before returning product.
* Any return without an RMA number, as well as returns due to remorse, user error, or refusal to take delivery, are subject to a 25% restocking fee.